AT&T responds to rumor of paid 3G FaceTime
FaceTime over 3G will finally bring Apple's video calling tech to cellular networks, but will it cost you extra? According to AT&T's CEO, "it's too early to talk about pricing." I'm guessing that's business talk for "we'll see if it costs us too much money to support and then decide." Remember unlimited data plans? My kids won't.
iOS 6 promises FaceTime over 3G, but here's hoping it won't cost AT&T customers extra. All I know is Google (G+) and Microsoft (Skype) have had video calls over cellular for a little while now and it'll be great for Apple to finally catch up.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration