AT&T responds to rumor of paid 3G FaceTime
FaceTime over 3G will finally bring Apple's video calling tech to cellular networks, but will it cost you extra? According to AT&T's CEO, "it's too early to talk about pricing." I'm guessing that's business talk for "we'll see if it costs us too much money to support and then decide." Remember unlimited data plans? My kids won't.
iOS 6 promises FaceTime over 3G, but here's hoping it won't cost AT&T customers extra. All I know is Google (G+) and Microsoft (Skype) have had video calls over cellular for a little while now and it'll be great for Apple to finally catch up.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync