Minecraft: Pocket Edition gets furnaces
Mojang has updated the mobile version of Minecraft (subtitled Pocket Edition), adding furances and smelting to the mix. Now you can either find or build block type yourself. You can also grow your own trees by collecting saplings from cut leaves, and find Diamond, Gold, and Iron ore. You can then smelt ore into various objects and tools to continue exploring the world. In other words, the game is basically Minecraft, only on the mobile iOS platform.
Minecraft is available for US$6.99 in a universal version from the App Store right now. There's also a free version with limited features, but it doesn't include this latest update anyway, so if you want to play the real thing on a mobile platform, you must shell out seven bucks.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client