Sparrow acquired by Google, team to work on "new projects"
One of the nicest mail clients on any platform, Sparrow, was just acquired by Google. There's a note on Sparrow's homepage by CEO Dom Leca, which says it all. This is a great move by Google if they allow the team which built Sparrow to focus on making intuitive tools. MacStories got a statement from Google, saying, in part, "[The Sparrow team] will be working on new projects."
For now, Sparrow will remain available but won't be getting any new features. Congratulations and good luck to the Sparrow team -- we can't wait to see what you make next.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs