Sparrow acquired by Google, team to work on "new projects"
One of the nicest mail clients on any platform, Sparrow, was just acquired by Google. There's a note on Sparrow's homepage by CEO Dom Leca, which says it all. This is a great move by Google if they allow the team which built Sparrow to focus on making intuitive tools. MacStories got a statement from Google, saying, in part, "[The Sparrow team] will be working on new projects."
For now, Sparrow will remain available but won't be getting any new features. Congratulations and good luck to the Sparrow team -- we can't wait to see what you make next.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)