Abvio Runmeter 5K enters Couch to 5K arena
I've been using Runmeter GPS for years as my primary walking and biking tracking tool. Today, Abvio announced its new 5K to Marathon Runmeter GPS (US$2.99), which adds run/walk training to this popular app. Training options include 5K, 10K, half-marathon, and full-marathon plans.
The app is a build-on to the existing Runmeter GPS app, and will offer all the same features shipped in the original Runmeter. Your three dollars buys you all that plus the 5K training on top.
The 5K version installs as a new app. Will data transfer? An Abvio spokesperson stated, "You could transfer your database between apps, it's not a limitation, it's just that you don't need to. Once you have one of our apps, you don't need another."
Runmeter stores all your workout data, plus it can interface with biometric sensors. Audio alerts and announcements help you pace yourself; sharing options let you send your workout info to friends, and import tools allow you to bring in routes. If you're looking to get off the couch and get on the track, give the new Runmeter a go.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time