Apple updates some iOS apps for better Mountain Lion and iCloud compatibility
Mac apps aren't the only ones getting updates today. Apple has released updates to Pages, Keynote, Numbers, and iTunes U for iOS, improving compatibility with iCloud, according to a post on MacStories.
Pages, Keynote and Numbers have all been updated to version 1.6.1. According to the update notes, the new apps work "with iCloud to make documents automatically available between your iOS device and [Pages/Keynote/Numbers] on your Mac. Changes you make to a document on one device are instantly available on the other." The update also requires that Pages 4.2, Numbers 2.2, and Keynote 5.2 be installed on your Mac.
iTunes U 1.2 adds the ability to search from within posts, assignments, notes and materials for any subscribed course. There's also a new sharing sheet in iTunes U for sharing your favorite courses with friends via Twitter, Messages, and Mail.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype