Apple awarded delay on posting about Samsung tablet
Apple successfully argued in a London court that the requirement to post a message on its UK website that says Samsung did not copy the iPad will cause the Cupertino company "irreparable and disproportionate harm." According to a report in Bloomberg, Judge David Kitchin agreed with Apple and said in his ruling that "It would not be right to condemn Apple to such a fate before it has had a chance to argue its case."
The message requirement came from an unusual ruling by Judge Colin earlier this month. In his decision, Birss said that Samsung did not copy Apple and required the Cupertino company to post information about this ruling on its UK website and in UK-based newspapers and magazines.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter