Just in time for the Olympics, Time Out releases Time Out London for iPad
Time Out has just released Time Out London for iPad. The app offers users a curated mix of suggestions for things to see and do in the host city of the 2012 Olympics. Time Out London for iPad has a Flipboard-esque look and feel to it. On the app's home screen you're presented with multiple tiles, each one representing a venue, restaurant, museum or other attraction. Tap the tile to get the local's detailed information, like opening times, rating, address, and transport routes.
This isn't Time Out's first London app. They've offered two others for quite a while now: Things to Do: London and London: Travel Guide. This is, however, Time Out's first London iPad app. Besides being native to the iPad, the app is also built for the Retina display. Another nice feature is that the more you use it, the "smarter" the app gets by showing you venues more suited to your preferences. My only issue with the app is that, for now, it only works in landscape orientation. Hopefully Time Out will add portrait orientation in a future update.
Note that Time Out London for iPad isn't only for the Olympics. The app will continue to be useful and supported long after the Games have ended, so it'll always be a good choice for those coming to London.
Time Out London for iPad is a free download.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter