Samsung objects to "gratuitous images" of Steve Jobs in Apple's slides
If you haven't had enough of the Apple vs. Samsung battle royale, in addition to Judge Lucy Koh's ruling about iPhone prototypes yesterday, she also decreed that showing Steve Jobs in Apple's opening statement slides are "relevant to Apple's iPhone design patent and trade dress claims and is not unduly prejudicial."
The five slides in question involve the announcement of the iPhone in 2007, the iPad in 2010 and Steve Jobs' patents. Samsung argued that if the court allowed Apple to use these slides that Samsung be allowed use quotes from Jobs in its arguments. Koh ruled against Samsung using the Jobs quotes against Android on July 18, saying at the time, "I really don't think this is a trial about Steve Jobs."
[via FOSS Patents]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service