Amazon Instant Video shows up for iPad
Amazon recently beefed up its Instant Video service by adding new movies and TV shows from Warner Brothers, MGM and Paramount. Now, the online retailer has brought this content to Apple fans with its new app for the iPad.
The Amazon Instant Video app lets users stream and download content from Amazon's Instant Video library, which has grown to include 120,000 videos. Besides watching the content via a WiFi connection, users can also download their purchased and rented videos for offline viewing.
The app supports Amazon's Season Pass service that lets you buy a season's worth of TV episodes as well as the free content available to Amazon Prime customers. Customers with multiple devices can also take advantage of Whispersync, which lets you pick up right where you left off when you switch from your iPad to another device like a Kindle Fire, PS3, PC, Mac or connected TV/Blu-ray player.
iPad owners can download the Amazon Instant Video app for free from the iOS App Store.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements