New Digg iPhone app available
Just when you thought that Digg had faded into the obscure fog of irrelevancy, the company comes out with a new Digg app for iPhone (free). The app is getting a lot of buzz, perhaps just because many users have moved on to other ways of getting their top news.
The new app features a "clean mobile-friendly view" that has been described by some reviewers as not providing a whole heck of a lot of content to look at. Sharing with friends via Facebook, Twitter and email is built in, as you'd expect from a modern iPhone app.
If you want to read stories offline, the new Digg provides full support for saving stories. The app has support for Instapaper and Pocket and has geofencing capabilities built in; you can set your home location, and a "Paperboy" function automatically updates the app with the latest stories when you leave that location.
The app comes after a reboot of the 8-year-old news site, which has re-titled itself as Digg v1.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync