Sharp's president says new iPhone screens will ship this month
Speaking at a press event after announcing its quarterly earnings, Sharp president Takashi Okuda said then company was preparing to ship displays for the new iPhone. Reuters quotes Okuda as saying, "Shipments will start in August."
He did not provide any additional details on the phone or the technology behind the display. Apple is rumored to be working on a new, thinner display that'll feature in-cell technology. Rumors also suggest the Cupertino company will unveil the next iPhone at a September 12 event.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options