Sharp's president says new iPhone screens will ship this month
Speaking at a press event after announcing its quarterly earnings, Sharp president Takashi Okuda said then company was preparing to ship displays for the new iPhone. Reuters quotes Okuda as saying, "Shipments will start in August."
He did not provide any additional details on the phone or the technology behind the display. Apple is rumored to be working on a new, thinner display that'll feature in-cell technology. Rumors also suggest the Cupertino company will unveil the next iPhone at a September 12 event.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)