Apple updates Apple Store app with software pre-install options
New Macs usually ship with the iLife suite of apps installed for free, but now customers using their iPhone to make a purchase can choose to add iWork apps like Pages, Numbers and Keynote to their Mac for US$20 each.
Just like iLife, the iWork apps will be installed on the customer's machine when they pick it up at the store. It's a small change, but one that suggests Apple is working to improve its retail shopping experience, right down to the smallest details.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app