Sprint slashes iPhone 4S price to $149 with contract
We may not know exactly when the next iPhone is set to debut, but a deal's a deal: Sprint is already offering a bargain price on the soon-to-be-surpassed iPhone 4S. All Things D's Ina Fried reports that Sprint has cut the price of the iPhone 4S to $149 and is waiving its activation fee for online purchases. Fried says it's a Sprint promotion done with Apple's blessing.
It's no surprise that this move is happening. Sharp's CEO reportedly admitted last week that the Japanese company is preparing to ship screens for the next-generation iPhone, and rumors call for an Apple media event in early September to launch new iOS devices.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service