Sprint: iPhone worth the huge financial commitment
Sprint CEO Dan Hesse told Ina Fried of AllthingsD and other reporters who are touring Sprint's headquarters in Kansas that the iPhone is worth the billions that the carrier is spending on the device. According to Hesse, Sprint considered Apple's offer and "saw no reason to bet against Apple." In the end, the wireless carrier agreed to buy US$15.5 billion worth of iPhones over the next four years.
Agreeing to buy the iPhone is painful now for Sprint as the carrier tries to balance paying Apple and building out its LTE network at the same time. Hesse, though, believes this gamble will pay off as more and more customers decide to stick with carrier because they can get the iPhone.
Sprint CEO Dan Hesse told Ina Fried of AllthingsD and other reporters who are touring Sprint's headquarters in Kansas that the...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client