Apple produces 2010 Samsung report comparing the Galaxy S to the iPhone
On Tuesday, Apple submitted as evidence a 132-page document from Samsung that compares the iPhone to the Galaxy S. According to AllThingsD, the 2010 document lists major and minor features of the Galaxy S and points out how the Samsung phone compares to the iPhone. It also provides recommendations on how Samsung should change the Galaxy S to better compete with the iPhone.
Writes John Paczkowski of AllThingsD, "In short, the evaluation report makes the case that the Galaxy (identified here as the "S1″) would be better if it behaved more like the iPhone and featured a similar user interface."
In this part of the trial, Apple is trying to prove that Samsung "slavishly copied" the iPhone when the Korean company designed its Galaxy series of phones. In addition to this document, Apple also brought in several experts, including Mac icon designer Susan Kare, to testify that the design of the Galaxy S mirrors the iPhone in a way that is infringing.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync