Westfield app updated, now with Concierge Voice Control
The official Westfield mall app (if you're in America, there's probably a Westfield mall near you -- near me in LA, there's like eight of them) has been updated, and for a mall app, it's pretty powerful. In addition to maps and directories of all of the Westfield Malls around, there's now features included like turn-by-turn directions in the mall, search not only of stores but also of products, dining, and events, and even OpenTable and MovieTickets.com integration, so you can make reservations or buy movie tickets from right inside the app.
There's also a new feature called Concierge Voice Control, which is essentially a Siri for the mall, and can give you stores, directions, hours, or anything else just through voice control. That's impressive -- it's a little more than you'd expect from just a shopping application, but it's pretty nice.
The app is of course free. Version 2.0 is the one with all the shiny updates, so if you're planning to head to a Westfield mall soon, might be worth grabbing on your way out.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free