BBC iPlayer for iOS gets Retina display support for iPad
The BBC has just finished what was probably the best coverage of the Olympic games in the world, but the corporation is not slowing down. Today the BBC released an update to its wildly popular BBC iPlayer app for iOS.
The major feature improvement in this update is support for the new iPad's Retina display. Other changes include improved video performance for better playback, bug fixes and "general tidying, so you'll notice even smoother performance," and more Voice Over controls for better accessibility.
BBC iPlayer version 1.3.2 is a free download from the UK App Store.
Now let's just hope BBC and Apple can agree to get iPlayer on the Apple TV.
The BBC has just finished what was probably the best coverage of the Olympic games in the world, but the corporation is not slowing...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free
- Dragon Dictate 4 released today with new features and speed enhancements