Fighting Fantasy games leaving the App Store
Big Blue Games has released four games based on the Fighting Fantasy series of roleplaying books by legendary game creators Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone. Now that the licensing agreement is about to expire, they're leaving the App Store forever as of tomorrow. Creature of Havoc, Citadel of Chaos, Deathtrap Dungeon, and The Warlock of Firetop Mountain are all set to expire, so if you have wanted to pick them up (or are just hearing about them), now's the time. They are all set at US$2.99.
Tin Man Games is reportedly going to be handling the license for these books from now on, though it's not likely that they'll re-release these same titles. So if you've got fond memories of "playing" these, or just want to see what the Big Blue versions are like, grab these now. Even though they'll disappear from the App Store, you'll be able to keep them on your iOS device. You just won't be able to redownload or reinstall them (except, of course, if you sync them with iTunes on a Mac).
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update