Fighting Fantasy games leaving the App Store
Big Blue Games has released four games based on the Fighting Fantasy series of roleplaying books by legendary game creators Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone. Now that the licensing agreement is about to expire, they're leaving the App Store forever as of tomorrow. Creature of Havoc, Citadel of Chaos, Deathtrap Dungeon, and The Warlock of Firetop Mountain are all set to expire, so if you have wanted to pick them up (or are just hearing about them), now's the time. They are all set at US$2.99.
Tin Man Games is reportedly going to be handling the license for these books from now on, though it's not likely that they'll re-release these same titles. So if you've got fond memories of "playing" these, or just want to see what the Big Blue versions are like, grab these now. Even though they'll disappear from the App Store, you'll be able to keep them on your iOS device. You just won't be able to redownload or reinstall them (except, of course, if you sync them with iTunes on a Mac).
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs