iPad point of sale kiosk spied at Panera Bread
Reader Domenico Bettinelli has shared this image of an iPad at a Panera Bread in Pennsylvania. It's being used as a customer-facing point of sale kiosk, which sounds pretty handy. Domenico writes:
"You pay at right the station and then pick up your cup. [When your meal is ready], they bring the meal to your table."
He also notes that it's inside a secure stand, and it appears to cover the Home button but extends well beyond the iPad's ends. I haven't seen one of these, but it sounds convenient. Let us know if you've used one.
iPads used to order food at Panera
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update