"Explore" Mars with your iPhone
Robinson Meyer of The Atlantic points out this immersive, 360º panorama of the martian surface as recorded the by the Curiosity rover. It takes advantage of the iPhone's gyroscope and responds to your movements.
Once the page is loaded, hold the iPhone aloft and turn your body left or right. Lift the phone up or down. Walk backwards and forwards for a unique and compelling way to examine a small portion of the red planet.
Note that you've got to view it in Mobile Safari. An app-specific browser, like that in Twitterrific or Sparrow, won't do. If you've been itching for a fun way to show off your iPhone, this should do nicely.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature