Pinterest now ready for iPad
Pinterest is rolling out its mobile apps and making it easy for users to pin things on the go. The image-centric social network announced today that it released a universal iOS app that includes a new iPad version and an updated iPhone version.
On the iPad, the app mimics the website with a fullscreen layout that lets users view a handful of pins at a time. Pinterest users can swipe to call up the navigation menu to view different categories and use the integrated browser to visit the site that was the source of a pin. The app supports most of the social features of Pinterest including sharing, liking, repinning and commenting.
The iPhone app received an update that improves the mobile experience with a new two-column layout and faster performance. This improved UI lets users see more Pins on their display, so they can enjoy Pinterest when they are away from their iPad or desktop.
The Pinterest app is available for free from the iOS App Store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options