Pinterest now ready for iPad
Pinterest is rolling out its mobile apps and making it easy for users to pin things on the go. The image-centric social network announced today that it released a universal iOS app that includes a new iPad version and an updated iPhone version.
On the iPad, the app mimics the website with a fullscreen layout that lets users view a handful of pins at a time. Pinterest users can swipe to call up the navigation menu to view different categories and use the integrated browser to visit the site that was the source of a pin. The app supports most of the social features of Pinterest including sharing, liking, repinning and commenting.
The iPhone app received an update that improves the mobile experience with a new two-column layout and faster performance. This improved UI lets users see more Pins on their display, so they can enjoy Pinterest when they are away from their iPad or desktop.
The Pinterest app is available for free from the iOS App Store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature