GetGlue app gets update, has millions of users
GetGlue has been around for about two years; it was the first social networking app that let you check in and review TV shows, movies, and books. In that time, the app has captured a community of 3 million fans who have contributed over 500 million checkins and reviews. Now GetGlue is announcing a big update called GetGlue HD (free), available now for iPad.
The big change is a new guide, which presents each GetGlue user with a personalized list of shows, movies and sports that they like to watch. Live shows and new episodes are always at the top of the list, while reruns are further down. Users can also see what shows their friends are watching, as well as recommendations that match their tastes.
If you're a fan of certain sports teams, their schedules, stats and live scores appear in the grid. Not only is GetGlue HD's guide showing what's on TV, but it also helps users see what's available on streaming services like Netflix, Amazon, and iTunes.
While the new version is available only for iPad at this time, expect to see it move to the iPhone, Android devices, and the GetGlue.com sites in the fall.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free
- Dragon Dictate 4 released today with new features and speed enhancements