Third-party podcast apps return to desktop iTunes search
This short-lived controversy started last week when customers discovered that Apple was only listing its Podcasts app in search results. This odd behavior affected both the Mac and PC version of iTunes, not the mobile version App Store which listed all available apps. This omission caused a controversy among podcast listeners who were crying foul.
It's not clear why these third-party apps were omitted from search results for a short time, but it's likely a glitch and not a concerted effort by Apple to promote its own podcast app over the competition. Apple has not commented on the matter and probably won't now that the problem has been fixed.
[Via The Verge]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature