Third-party podcast apps return to desktop iTunes search
This short-lived controversy started last week when customers discovered that Apple was only listing its Podcasts app in search results. This odd behavior affected both the Mac and PC version of iTunes, not the mobile version App Store which listed all available apps. This omission caused a controversy among podcast listeners who were crying foul.
It's not clear why these third-party apps were omitted from search results for a short time, but it's likely a glitch and not a concerted effort by Apple to promote its own podcast app over the competition. Apple has not commented on the matter and probably won't now that the problem has been fixed.
[Via The Verge]
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter