AgileTortoise updates Drafts, introduces iPad version
AgileTortoise's popular Drafts app receives a welcome update today as it enters version 2.0 for iPhone. Drafts for iPad is also available.
Adding sync features through Simperium, an iCloud alternative, Drafts will be able to move data across platforms and pick up from where users last left off. This cloud feature joins existing Dropbox and Evernote support.
The app offers simple note-taking in a streamlined interface with a wealth of sharing features. You can send by e-mail, text message, post to Facebook, tweet, etc.
I gave the iPad version a quick spin and found it cleanly designed and simple to use. It offered several standout features. For example, the built-in Markdown support allows you to build formatted email with familiar text shortcuts. I was also impressed by the integrated gestures and excellent font-selection features. (That's a big help for my aging eyes.)
According to the press release, version 2.0 enhancements include:
- Refined user interface with updated graphics and new custom font choices.
- Lightning fast sync between devices.
- Full screen reading by swiping down on toolbar.
- Link mode enables tapping on phone numbers, addresses and web links captured in Drafts.
- More output actions, including "Append to Dropbox".
- Ability to configure the delay before a new draft is created when returning to Drafts from another app.
- Action sounds.
- Integration with additional apps, such as Appigo Todo, Writing Kit and Threadnote.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service