T-Mobile unlimited 4G data plan might be a boon to unofficial iPhone users
T-Mobile has more than a million iPhones running on its network at 2G speeds, and along with a rebranding campaign, T-Mobile plans to allow iPhones to run at full speed, Fried said.
This is good news for those who consume a lot of data and have unlocked iPhones -- especially if the next iPhone takes advantage of a 4G network. T-Mobile said in its press release that its 4G network will have no data caps or throttling of download speeds once a limit has been reached, a move it's been criticized for. The data plans will cost $20 or $30 a month depending on the plan picked, with value plans starting at $69.99 for talk, text and unlimited data.
The new T-Mobile unlimited data plans start on September 5.
TmoNews broke the news that T-Mobile is rolling out a truly unlimited nationwide 4G data plan, but All Things D's Ina Fried offered an...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs