T-Mobile unlimited 4G data plan might be a boon to unofficial iPhone users
T-Mobile has more than a million iPhones running on its network at 2G speeds, and along with a rebranding campaign, T-Mobile plans to allow iPhones to run at full speed, Fried said.
This is good news for those who consume a lot of data and have unlocked iPhones -- especially if the next iPhone takes advantage of a 4G network. T-Mobile said in its press release that its 4G network will have no data caps or throttling of download speeds once a limit has been reached, a move it's been criticized for. The data plans will cost $20 or $30 a month depending on the plan picked, with value plans starting at $69.99 for talk, text and unlimited data.
The new T-Mobile unlimited data plans start on September 5.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options