T-Mobile unlimited 4G data plan might be a boon to unofficial iPhone users
T-Mobile has more than a million iPhones running on its network at 2G speeds, and along with a rebranding campaign, T-Mobile plans to allow iPhones to run at full speed, Fried said.
This is good news for those who consume a lot of data and have unlocked iPhones -- especially if the next iPhone takes advantage of a 4G network. T-Mobile said in its press release that its 4G network will have no data caps or throttling of download speeds once a limit has been reached, a move it's been criticized for. The data plans will cost $20 or $30 a month depending on the plan picked, with value plans starting at $69.99 for talk, text and unlimited data.
The new T-Mobile unlimited data plans start on September 5.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter