T-Mobile unlimited 4G data plan might be a boon to unofficial iPhone users
T-Mobile has more than a million iPhones running on its network at 2G speeds, and along with a rebranding campaign, T-Mobile plans to allow iPhones to run at full speed, Fried said.
This is good news for those who consume a lot of data and have unlocked iPhones -- especially if the next iPhone takes advantage of a 4G network. T-Mobile said in its press release that its 4G network will have no data caps or throttling of download speeds once a limit has been reached, a move it's been criticized for. The data plans will cost $20 or $30 a month depending on the plan picked, with value plans starting at $69.99 for talk, text and unlimited data.
The new T-Mobile unlimited data plans start on September 5.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)