Google reacts to Apple vs. Samsung decision
Samsung and Apple didn't waste anytime issuing statements on Friday after the jury handed down its decision in the US infringement trial between the two companies. Noticeably quiet in the aftermath was Google, which waited a short time before commenting on the verdict. In a statement provided to The Verge, Google said the patents in the case "do not relate to the core Android operating system" and added that the entire mobile industry is "building on ideas that have been around for decades."
The court of appeals will review both infringement and the validity of the patent claims. Most of these don't relate to the core Android operating system, and several are being re-examined by the US Patent Office. The mobile industry is moving fast and all players - including newcomers - are building upon ideas that have been around for decades. We work with our partners to give consumers innovative and affordable products, and we don't want anything to limit that.
Now that the verdict is in, Apple is entitled to file an injunction request against Samsung's infringing devices, and Samsung can file an appeal. With Samsung vowing to take its appeal all the way to the Supreme Court if necessary, this trial is far from being over.
Samsung and Apple didn't waste anytime issuing statements on Friday after the jury handed down its decision in the US infringement...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free