T-Mobile prompts employees to "sell against the iPhone"
So, what do you do if you're T-Mobile USA and not only do you not carry the iPhone now, but there's a good chance you're not going to be selling the next-generation iPhone either? That's easy -- tell your employees to "sell against the iPhone."
TmoNews -- "The Unofficial T-Mobile Blog" and no relation to TUAW -- published images yesterday of internal T-Mobile memos. The first is rather innocuous, telling sales employees at T-Mobile stores that a new "Monthly4G MicroSIM Kit" will be available for iPhone 4/4S owners who wish to move to 4G on the Magenta Network. But it's the second memo that caught everyone's attention.
A field sales news memo, part of which is shown at the top of this post, features a distinct header pointing out mandatory training for "selling against the iPhone." Not surprisingly, a "Grab & Go" training module and a training game are expected to drop on September 21 -- the same date being bandied about for the next-gen iPhone launch.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration