T-Mobile prompts employees to "sell against the iPhone"
So, what do you do if you're T-Mobile USA and not only do you not carry the iPhone now, but there's a good chance you're not going to be selling the next-generation iPhone either? That's easy -- tell your employees to "sell against the iPhone."
TmoNews -- "The Unofficial T-Mobile Blog" and no relation to TUAW -- published images yesterday of internal T-Mobile memos. The first is rather innocuous, telling sales employees at T-Mobile stores that a new "Monthly4G MicroSIM Kit" will be available for iPhone 4/4S owners who wish to move to 4G on the Magenta Network. But it's the second memo that caught everyone's attention.
A field sales news memo, part of which is shown at the top of this post, features a distinct header pointing out mandatory training for "selling against the iPhone." Not surprisingly, a "Grab & Go" training module and a training game are expected to drop on September 21 -- the same date being bandied about for the next-gen iPhone launch.
T-Mobile telling employees to 'sell against the iPhone'
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements