Bastion arriving on iOS tonight, Ace Attorney later on this fall
Two big titles are coming to iOS, one very soon and the other later on this year. First up, Bastion is an excellent action RPG title that originally arrived on Xbox Live a while back, and then migrated to PC and other platforms. Tonight, it finally arrives on iOS in the form of an iPad app.
The app has already appeared on the New Zealand App Store, and should be in the U.S. store soon for US$4.99. Bastion is a great game that features several control schemes and a gorgeous soundtrack. It shouldn't be missed.
In other port news, the popular lawyer/action series Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney has finally been officially announced for iOS. We knew that Capcom would bring this series to Apple's platform, but we didn't know exactly how. Until now.
The trilogy will be released as one big HD game, with each title being available as a separate series of in-app purchased episodes. The first few chapters of the title will be free, and the graphics for all three versions will be upsized for the bigger screen.
It's great to see both games come to the iOS platform, and it's always nice to have more quality titles available to us iOS gamers, even if we had to wait a little bit for them to arrive.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter