Puzzlejuice plans a Steam release, dev goes to work for thatgamecompany
Puzzlejuice is one of my favorite recent apps on the App Store, and it's about to get a lot more ... well, favorite-er. The app is getting a big update this Thursday taking it to version 1.5, and celebrating the fact that the game has been included in the PAX 10 at this weekend's big video game convention in Seattle. The new version will have a tougher difficulty level, a new powerup, and compatibility with Spanish, French, Italian and Dutch as well as the original English. And because of the update itself, the game will be on sale for just 99 cents -- a bargain at twice the price.
The title is also making its way to Steam, and developer Asher Vollmer says that he's working on a keyboard only version of the game (so maybe the letters will be typed out instead of dragging a finger across the screen) that we'll get to see at PAX. And Vollmer also shares the good news that he's been hired as a game designer at thatgamecompany, the excellent studio known for great games like Flow and Journey. So congrats to Vollmer on all of his success -- that Steam version should be just around the corner and we can't wait to see what he's up to next.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update