TiVo Stream iOS transcoder box due September 6th
Earlier this year, TiVo unveiled the TiVo Stream, a streaming media device that sends TiVo content to your iPad and iPhone. TiVo had a prototype of the device at CES 2012 and later confirmed the Stream would land this summer. Now that the summer is over, the company is ready to kick off sales of the device in early September, says a report in AllThingsD.
The TiVo Stream is an external device that connects to your TiVo Premiere or Premiere Q DVR and streams content to a mobile device, which currently is the iPhone and iPad. Customers can watch recorded content and even download shows to their iOS device for offline viewing. TiVo Stream also serves up the channel guide and lets customers watch their favorite TV show live.
According to AllThingsD, the TiVo Stream will be available starting September 6 for $130. The device will initially go on sale at Tivo.com and then land at Best Buy in the following weeks. It requires a TiVo Premiere set-top box and a TiVo subscription.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)