Apple adds form to report intellectual property infringement on the App Store
Those who report infringement will be provided with a reference number, and contact with the maker of the disputed app will be given to the person who reported the infringement. Apple says contact with the App Store's legal team should be made by email from that point forward with the reference number.
Other iTunes copyright infringement can be reported through another site.
Hopefully, this will make it easier to cut down on the amount of ripped-off apps that appear in the App Store. Companies such as RealMac Software and Breaking Art have had near-cloned versions of their apps appear this year.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs