Apple adds form to report intellectual property infringement on the App Store
Those who report infringement will be provided with a reference number, and contact with the maker of the disputed app will be given to the person who reported the infringement. Apple says contact with the App Store's legal team should be made by email from that point forward with the reference number.
Other iTunes copyright infringement can be reported through another site.
Hopefully, this will make it easier to cut down on the amount of ripped-off apps that appear in the App Store. Companies such as RealMac Software and Breaking Art have had near-cloned versions of their apps appear this year.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app