Apple adds form to report intellectual property infringement on the App Store
Those who report infringement will be provided with a reference number, and contact with the maker of the disputed app will be given to the person who reported the infringement. Apple says contact with the App Store's legal team should be made by email from that point forward with the reference number.
Other iTunes copyright infringement can be reported through another site.
Hopefully, this will make it easier to cut down on the amount of ripped-off apps that appear in the App Store. Companies such as RealMac Software and Breaking Art have had near-cloned versions of their apps appear this year.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature