Apple switches on Genius recommendations in iOS 6
In a sign that iOS 6 is inching ever closer to general release, Apple flipped the switch on Genius recommendations in the App Store on Friday. The feature had been, according to developers familiar with the new OS, responding with a comment that it was unavailable. Now asking for Genius recommendations displays a "swipe to flip" list of apps you might be interested in, along with the familiar "Not Interested" button at the bottom of the screen.
Sources say that not all of the Genius features are currently working properly; the Categories button in the upper left corner of the display apparently shows only a single category -- All -- right now instead of a list of subcategories.
Each Genius "card" shows a recommended app with rating and price, a screenshot, a note telling you what app the recommendation was based on and the Not Interested button that's used to refine your future recommendations.
The availability date for iOS 6 is expected to be announced on September 12, 2012 at an Apple event.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client