Deutsche Telekom begins distributing nano-SIM cards to partners in advance of rumored iPhone launch
After a protracted battle between Apple, Nokia, RIM and Motorola Mobility earlier this year about the design of a new nano-SIM (subscriber identity module), Apple was the victor and is widely expected to use the new design in the next-generation iPhone. German website iFun.de is reporting that carrier Deutsche Telekom has begun distribution of nano-SIMs to partners in anticipation of the launch of a new iPhone.
A translation of the letter accompanying the new cards notes that they are "a new generation of SIM cards for the latest generation of smartphones that come in the near future on the market."
While that machine translation is fairly vague, many industry pundits expect the next-generation iPhone to use the new nano-SIM -- and the first appearance of these new SIMs in Germany is a little over a week in advance of the September 12 Apple event where the new phone may be announced.
New nano-SIMs are being distributed by Deutsche Telekom the week before an expected iPhone launch
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time