AT&T expands LTE, plans more launches
Good news for AT&T customers who are tired of cruising on 3G. The wireless carrier announced on Thursday that it is expanding its 4G LTE footprint to seven new markets now and another 30-40 by the end of the year. It'll bring LTE to outlying cities like Anchorage, Alaska and smaller ones like Nashua, N.H. By the end of this year, AT&T will cover 100 markets in the US.
The list of markets that'll see LTE in 2012 include: Anchorage, Alaska; Rochester, N.Y.; Jacksonville and Ft. Myers, Fla.; Wilmington, Del., Northern New Jersey; Allentown, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Reading and Wilkes-Barra, Pa., Omaha, Neb.; Knoxville, Tenn.; Bakersfield, Sacramento, Monterey, and Modesto, Calif.; Tucson, Ariz., Albuquerue, N.M.; Portland, Ore.; Providence, R.I.; Grand Rapids, Mich.; Cincinnati, Ohio; Gary, Ind.; Hartford and New Haven, Conn.; Nashua, N.H.; Green Bay and Milwaukee, Wis.; Little Rock, Ark.; El Paso, Texas; Columbia, S.C.; and Charlestown, N.C.
Good news for AT&T customers who are tired of cruising on 3G. The wireless carrier announced on Thursday that it is expanding its 4G...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype