iPhone tops J.D. Power satisfaction survey ... again
Every year at about this time, J.D. Power and Associates releases the results of the U.S. Wireless Smartphone Customer Satisfaction Study. For the eighth consecutive year, Apple is at the top of the list in terms of customer satisfaction for smartphones.
On a 1,000-point scale, Apple ranked first with a score of 849, performing well in all key factors used to determine the overall score. Physical design, which makes up 23 percent of the overall satisfaction figure, and ease of operation (22 percent) were given particularly good marks by iPhone consumers.
HTC was in second place with a overall score of 790, while rival Samsung trailed the average for the study with a score of 782. Apple was the only company in the survey to gain a Power Circle Rating of "Among the best," while Samsung was "About average" and beleaguered BlackBerry manufacturer RIM was just among "The rest."
via The Loop
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter