Samsung to sue Apple over iPhone 5 in US
The Korea Times notes that Samsung is prepared to sue Apple if the iPhone 5 supports LTE. The company contends that the iPhone 5 will infringe on its fourth-generation (4G) long-term evolution (LTE) connectivity patents.
The newspaper quotes a senior Samsung executive as saying, "It's true that Samsung Electronics has decided to take immediate legal action against the Cupertino-based Apple."
A court recently found Samsung guilty of infringing on several Apple patents, and issued the Korean company a fine of US$1.05 billion dollars. I guess some people just like to fight.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature