Samsung to sue Apple over iPhone 5 in US
The Korea Times notes that Samsung is prepared to sue Apple if the iPhone 5 supports LTE. The company contends that the iPhone 5 will infringe on its fourth-generation (4G) long-term evolution (LTE) connectivity patents.
The newspaper quotes a senior Samsung executive as saying, "It's true that Samsung Electronics has decided to take immediate legal action against the Cupertino-based Apple."
A court recently found Samsung guilty of infringing on several Apple patents, and issued the Korean company a fine of US$1.05 billion dollars. I guess some people just like to fight.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app