Samsung to sue Apple over iPhone 5 in US
The Korea Times notes that Samsung is prepared to sue Apple if the iPhone 5 supports LTE. The company contends that the iPhone 5 will infringe on its fourth-generation (4G) long-term evolution (LTE) connectivity patents.
The newspaper quotes a senior Samsung executive as saying, "It's true that Samsung Electronics has decided to take immediate legal action against the Cupertino-based Apple."
A court recently found Samsung guilty of infringing on several Apple patents, and issued the Korean company a fine of US$1.05 billion dollars. I guess some people just like to fight.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter