Sprint making another LTE push with 100 more cities getting coverage
Sprint announced this morning that it's pushing LTE coverage to 100 more US cities. The announcement comes two days ahead of the expected iPhone 5 launch, which most likely will have LTE. Among the cities gaining Sprint LTE are major urban areas such as Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., Philadelphia, New York City and more.
AT&T announced last week that it was expanding its LTE coverage, but at a slightly slower rate. Seven markets were added then, and 30 to 40 more are expected by the end of the year.
There's no expected timeline for Sprint's rollout, just that it'll be in the next "upcoming months."
Sprint announced this morning that it's pushing LTE coverage to 100 more U.S. cities, two days ahead of the expected iPhone 5 launch.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free
- Dragon Dictate 4 released today with new features and speed enhancements