Sprint making another LTE push with 100 more cities getting coverage
Sprint announced this morning that it's pushing LTE coverage to 100 more US cities. The announcement comes two days ahead of the expected iPhone 5 launch, which most likely will have LTE. Among the cities gaining Sprint LTE are major urban areas such as Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., Philadelphia, New York City and more.
AT&T announced last week that it was expanding its LTE coverage, but at a slightly slower rate. Seven markets were added then, and 30 to 40 more are expected by the end of the year.
There's no expected timeline for Sprint's rollout, just that it'll be in the next "upcoming months."
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync