Sprint making another LTE push with 100 more cities getting coverage
Sprint announced this morning that it's pushing LTE coverage to 100 more US cities. The announcement comes two days ahead of the expected iPhone 5 launch, which most likely will have LTE. Among the cities gaining Sprint LTE are major urban areas such as Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., Philadelphia, New York City and more.
AT&T announced last week that it was expanding its LTE coverage, but at a slightly slower rate. Seven markets were added then, and 30 to 40 more are expected by the end of the year.
There's no expected timeline for Sprint's rollout, just that it'll be in the next "upcoming months."
Sprint announced this morning that it's pushing LTE coverage to 100 more U.S. cities, two days ahead of the expected iPhone 5 launch.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs