Sprint making another LTE push with 100 more cities getting coverage
Sprint announced this morning that it's pushing LTE coverage to 100 more US cities. The announcement comes two days ahead of the expected iPhone 5 launch, which most likely will have LTE. Among the cities gaining Sprint LTE are major urban areas such as Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., Philadelphia, New York City and more.
AT&T announced last week that it was expanding its LTE coverage, but at a slightly slower rate. Seven markets were added then, and 30 to 40 more are expected by the end of the year.
There's no expected timeline for Sprint's rollout, just that it'll be in the next "upcoming months."
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options