David Schuetz cracked the case of stolen iPhone UDIDs
Earlier this week, Blue Toad publishing confirmed that it, and not the FBI, was the source of 1 million UDIDs leaked by hacker group AntiSec. The company was tipped off by mobile security expert David Schuetz of Intrepidus Group, who spent days poring through the data and discovered references to Blue Toad and its employees.
It's an impressive piece of work by Scheutz, who details how he discovered the Blue Toad link in a lengthy blog post on Intrepidus Group's website. His story is well worth the read when you have a few minutes to spare.
[Via Apple 2.0]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update