David Schuetz cracked the case of stolen iPhone UDIDs
Earlier this week, Blue Toad publishing confirmed that it, and not the FBI, was the source of 1 million UDIDs leaked by hacker group AntiSec. The company was tipped off by mobile security expert David Schuetz of Intrepidus Group, who spent days poring through the data and discovered references to Blue Toad and its employees.
It's an impressive piece of work by Scheutz, who details how he discovered the Blue Toad link in a lengthy blog post on Intrepidus Group's website. His story is well worth the read when you have a few minutes to spare.
[Via Apple 2.0]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free