David Schuetz cracked the case of stolen iPhone UDIDs
Earlier this week, Blue Toad publishing confirmed that it, and not the FBI, was the source of 1 million UDIDs leaked by hacker group AntiSec. The company was tipped off by mobile security expert David Schuetz of Intrepidus Group, who spent days poring through the data and discovered references to Blue Toad and its employees.
It's an impressive piece of work by Scheutz, who details how he discovered the Blue Toad link in a lengthy blog post on Intrepidus Group's website. His story is well worth the read when you have a few minutes to spare.
[Via Apple 2.0]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature