David Schuetz cracked the case of stolen iPhone UDIDs
Earlier this week, Blue Toad publishing confirmed that it, and not the FBI, was the source of 1 million UDIDs leaked by hacker group AntiSec. The company was tipped off by mobile security expert David Schuetz of Intrepidus Group, who spent days poring through the data and discovered references to Blue Toad and its employees.
It's an impressive piece of work by Scheutz, who details how he discovered the Blue Toad link in a lengthy blog post on Intrepidus Group's website. His story is well worth the read when you have a few minutes to spare.
[Via Apple 2.0]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service