T-Mobile attracts unlocked iPhone customers to its Value Plan
T-Mobile might not carry the next iPhone, but it's trying very hard to attract current iPhone owners to its cellular network. The carrier announced on its corporate blog that it will start training its employees on the iPhone 4S and encourage customers to sign up for its inexpensive "bring your own device" plans.
Starting September 12, sales staff will be able to help new customers move their handset from their current provider and assist them in setting up their iPhone. The carrier is also developing iOS versions of its Visual Voicemail, T-Mobile TV and T-Mobile myAccount apps.
T-Mobile is also starting to offer its 4G HSPA+ service on the iPhone-friendly 1900MHz band. The service is available in cities like Seattle, Las Vegas, Washington DC and New York City.
T-Mobile might not carry the next iPhone, but it's trying very hard to attract current iPhone owners to its cellular network. The...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support