YouTube launches standalone iPhone app
Knowing that its days as a native iOS app are numbered, YouTube has released a standalone iPhone app just ahead of Wednesday's media event, where Apple is expected to announce the newest iPhone and a release date for iOS 6.
The free app is available in a number of languages, however it doesn't appear to include native support for the iPad. The app does integrate voice search, autocomplete for searches, a new channel guide and a number of sharing options.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows