Panorama feature not just an iPhone 5 exclusive
As an iPhone 4S owner, I was kind of eyeing that new Panorama feature mentioned in September 12 keynote, thinking it was an iPhone 5-only innovation.
Not true. Apple has confirmed the feature is part of iOS 6 and will work just fine on my 4S, as well as the fifth-generation iPod touch. That's great news. There have been some other excellent panorama apps for the iPhone, but I'm willing to bet Apple's version will be easy to use and slick.
According to Apple, you can cover a 240-degree field of view, moving the camera in a horizontal direction. Apple says you can output a file that is 28 megapixels. Thanks Apple. You've given my 4S a new lease on life.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter