Two-day iCloud mail outage continues to frustrate users
The status site says that only 1.1 percent of iCloud users are affected, but you wouldn't know it by the volume of agitation on our tip line. Since yesterday morning, iCloud mail connectivity has been iffy or entirely absent for some subscribers, and Apple's not commenting aside from the "we're working on it" notice.
It's unfortunate timing, given that Apple would prefer everyone focus on the shiny new hotness today. It's also a reminder that the cloud is hard, and providing reliable email service for 99% of your customers doesn't really meet the standard.
If your iCloud email is munged, let us know where you are and how long you've been out. The support discussions seem to be weighted a bit toward non-US users having issues.
The status site says that only 1.1 percent of iCloud users are affected, but you wouldn't know it by the volume of agitation on our tip...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved