Apple wins preliminary sales ban on Motorola phones, tablets in Germany
Apple was handed good news by a German court. The regional court of Munich has ruled that Motorola has infringed on a touchscreen patent held by Apple. The patent in question describes the "overscroll bounce" and "rubber band effect" that's such a recognizable aspect of the iPhone OS.
The court identified the Motorola Milestone XT720, the Motorola DEFY, the Motorola Atrix and the Motorola XOOM as infringing devices. Motorola is not allowed to use that patent in Germany, so "...you could call it a sales ban," said Stefanie Ruhwinkel, spokeswoman for the Munich court.
The finding is preliminary, so this thing will linger and fester in the courts until the End of Days. Bring a snack.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app