Apple wins preliminary sales ban on Motorola phones, tablets in Germany
Apple was handed good news by a German court. The regional court of Munich has ruled that Motorola has infringed on a touchscreen patent held by Apple. The patent in question describes the "overscroll bounce" and "rubber band effect" that's such a recognizable aspect of the iPhone OS.
The court identified the Motorola Milestone XT720, the Motorola DEFY, the Motorola Atrix and the Motorola XOOM as infringing devices. Motorola is not allowed to use that patent in Germany, so "...you could call it a sales ban," said Stefanie Ruhwinkel, spokeswoman for the Munich court.
The finding is preliminary, so this thing will linger and fester in the courts until the End of Days. Bring a snack.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)