Delta, Sheraton, Ticketmaster appear to offer Passbook support
When Passbook was first demonstrated, I was concerned my carrier of choice, Delta, wouldn't be on board. But lo and behold, the iPhone 5 announcement clearly showed a Delta pass in use. Other vendors hopping on the Passbook wagon appear to be Sheraton and Ticketmaster.
iOS 6 will bring Passbook to supported iOS devices. Passbook is a quick way for users to store their info about vendors -- such as a balance on a Starbucks card -- and a quick way for vendors to check in customers, like Ticketmaster, Sheraton and Delta will be doing.
The original demo in June showed Starbucks, Amtrak, W Hotels and United Airlines along with the Apple Store using Passbook. I can't wait to use it myself.
When Passbook was first demonstrated, I was concerned my carrier of choice, Delta, wouldn't be on board. But lo and behold, the iPhone...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements