iPhone 5 doesn't come with a free 30-pin adapter, video out adapters on the way
TNW wrote up a story about Apple including a free 30-pin adapter with the iPhone 5, as text upon checkout appeared to indicate the newest iPhone comes with such a beast -- a $29 beast at that. Unfortunately, they later asked a sales rep online who informed them that was a mistake. Indeed, looking at the page which tells you "what's in the box" confirms Apple isn't giving you a free adapter.
Sorry folks, but Apple has margins to worry about. Some good news: video out adapters are said to be on the way.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs