iPhone 5 doesn't come with a free 30-pin adapter, video out adapters on the way
TNW wrote up a story about Apple including a free 30-pin adapter with the iPhone 5, as text upon checkout appeared to indicate the newest iPhone comes with such a beast -- a $29 beast at that. Unfortunately, they later asked a sales rep online who informed them that was a mistake. Indeed, looking at the page which tells you "what's in the box" confirms Apple isn't giving you a free adapter.
Sorry folks, but Apple has margins to worry about. Some good news: video out adapters are said to be on the way.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature