iPhone 5 doesn't come with a free 30-pin adapter, video out adapters on the way
TNW wrote up a story about Apple including a free 30-pin adapter with the iPhone 5, as text upon checkout appeared to indicate the newest iPhone comes with such a beast -- a $29 beast at that. Unfortunately, they later asked a sales rep online who informed them that was a mistake. Indeed, looking at the page which tells you "what's in the box" confirms Apple isn't giving you a free adapter.
Sorry folks, but Apple has margins to worry about. Some good news: video out adapters are said to be on the way.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter