iPhone 5 doesn't come with a free 30-pin adapter, video out adapters on the way
TNW wrote up a story about Apple including a free 30-pin adapter with the iPhone 5, as text upon checkout appeared to indicate the newest iPhone comes with such a beast -- a $29 beast at that. Unfortunately, they later asked a sales rep online who informed them that was a mistake. Indeed, looking at the page which tells you "what's in the box" confirms Apple isn't giving you a free adapter.
Sorry folks, but Apple has margins to worry about. Some good news: video out adapters are said to be on the way.
No free adapters
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7