iPhone 5 unlocked U.S. pricing available
For brief time, Apple listed the non-contract prices for its iPhone 5 models on its website. According to a report in TechCrunch, the pricing is identical to the iPhone 4S and starts at US$649 for the 16 GB model. The 32 GB model adds $100 to bring the cost of the handset to $749, while the 64 GB takes the top spot with an $849 price tag.
Though these prices are well over the carrier subsidized prices that start at $199, it may be worth the extra expense to not have a contract. Customers with an unlocked, out-of-contract iPhone can take that handset to another carrier like T-Mobile, which is ready and waiting for them with open arms.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature