iPhone 5 unlocked U.S. pricing available
For brief time, Apple listed the non-contract prices for its iPhone 5 models on its website. According to a report in TechCrunch, the pricing is identical to the iPhone 4S and starts at US$649 for the 16 GB model. The 32 GB model adds $100 to bring the cost of the handset to $749, while the 64 GB takes the top spot with an $849 price tag.
Though these prices are well over the carrier subsidized prices that start at $199, it may be worth the extra expense to not have a contract. Customers with an unlocked, out-of-contract iPhone can take that handset to another carrier like T-Mobile, which is ready and waiting for them with open arms.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app