Apple: iPhone 5 generates 2 million pre-orders in 24 hours
Apple's Phil Schiller has announced that Apple's iPhone 5 generated 2 million pre-orders within the first 24 hours of availability, according to The Loop.
"iPhone 5 pre-orders have shattered the previous record held by iPhone 4S and the customer response to iPhone 5 has been phenomenal," Schiller said. "iPhone 5 is the best iPhone yet, the most beautiful product we've ever made, and we hope customers love it as much as we do."
Meanwhile, AT&T notes that it set sales records with the iPhone 5, outselling all previous iPhone models. The US carrier called it "[our] most successful iPhone launch ever."
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter