Apple: iPhone 5 generates 2 million pre-orders in 24 hours
Apple's Phil Schiller has announced that Apple's iPhone 5 generated 2 million pre-orders within the first 24 hours of availability, according to The Loop.
"iPhone 5 pre-orders have shattered the previous record held by iPhone 4S and the customer response to iPhone 5 has been phenomenal," Schiller said. "iPhone 5 is the best iPhone yet, the most beautiful product we've ever made, and we hope customers love it as much as we do."
Meanwhile, AT&T notes that it set sales records with the iPhone 5, outselling all previous iPhone models. The US carrier called it "[our] most successful iPhone launch ever."
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype