Apple: iPhone 5 generates 2 million pre-orders in 24 hours
Apple's Phil Schiller has announced that Apple's iPhone 5 generated 2 million pre-orders within the first 24 hours of availability, according to The Loop.
"iPhone 5 pre-orders have shattered the previous record held by iPhone 4S and the customer response to iPhone 5 has been phenomenal," Schiller said. "iPhone 5 is the best iPhone yet, the most beautiful product we've ever made, and we hope customers love it as much as we do."
Meanwhile, AT&T notes that it set sales records with the iPhone 5, outselling all previous iPhone models. The US carrier called it "[our] most successful iPhone launch ever."
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature