iMessage was a bit rocky for some today
After a rough patch last week for iCloud, Apple has been having some issues today with iMessage. Reports on MacRumors and Twitter indicate some people were having trouble using Apple's SMS replacement. Problems included messages not sending and error messages.
It's not a problem for everyone using the service, but it had many Apple users gritting their teeth. Many people are now reporting the service is working again, but my personal experience with iMessage is that most of the time it works, but several times a week the service stumbles and my iPhone has to revert to standard SMS.
Apple needs to tighten up iMessage and the iCloud service if it wants to compete. Apple owners tend not to suffer in silence.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter