iPhone 5 announcement pushes AAPL to another record high
Apple announced the iPhone 5 last week, and pre-orders of the device were very impressive. According to the Washington Post, Wall Street responded favorably to the news of the iPhone 5, and brisk trading pushed Apple's stock to another record high.
Apple opened the day on Friday with a record high stock price of US$689.97, and it didn't stay there for very long. By mid-afternoon, Apple's stock had climbed above $690 and closed out the day at an impressive $691.28. It never crossed the $700 mark, but hovered very close to it, reaching $696.98 at its highest point.
With iOS 6 arriving on Wednesday and the iPhone 5 slated to go on sale this Friday, how high do you think Apple's stock will climb this week?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update