iPhone 5 announcement pushes AAPL to another record high
Apple announced the iPhone 5 last week, and pre-orders of the device were very impressive. According to the Washington Post, Wall Street responded favorably to the news of the iPhone 5, and brisk trading pushed Apple's stock to another record high.
Apple opened the day on Friday with a record high stock price of US$689.97, and it didn't stay there for very long. By mid-afternoon, Apple's stock had climbed above $690 and closed out the day at an impressive $691.28. It never crossed the $700 mark, but hovered very close to it, reaching $696.98 at its highest point.
With iOS 6 arriving on Wednesday and the iPhone 5 slated to go on sale this Friday, how high do you think Apple's stock will climb this week?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature