iPhone 5 announcement pushes AAPL to another record high
Apple announced the iPhone 5 last week, and pre-orders of the device were very impressive. According to the Washington Post, Wall Street responded favorably to the news of the iPhone 5, and brisk trading pushed Apple's stock to another record high.
Apple opened the day on Friday with a record high stock price of US$689.97, and it didn't stay there for very long. By mid-afternoon, Apple's stock had climbed above $690 and closed out the day at an impressive $691.28. It never crossed the $700 mark, but hovered very close to it, reaching $696.98 at its highest point.
With iOS 6 arriving on Wednesday and the iPhone 5 slated to go on sale this Friday, how high do you think Apple's stock will climb this week?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs