iPhone 5 announcement pushes AAPL to another record high
Apple announced the iPhone 5 last week, and pre-orders of the device were very impressive. According to the Washington Post, Wall Street responded favorably to the news of the iPhone 5, and brisk trading pushed Apple's stock to another record high.
Apple opened the day on Friday with a record high stock price of US$689.97, and it didn't stay there for very long. By mid-afternoon, Apple's stock had climbed above $690 and closed out the day at an impressive $691.28. It never crossed the $700 mark, but hovered very close to it, reaching $696.98 at its highest point.
With iOS 6 arriving on Wednesday and the iPhone 5 slated to go on sale this Friday, how high do you think Apple's stock will climb this week?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options