iPhone 5 ship dates slip to 3-4 weeks
The iPhone 5 is getting very scarce before a single phone has been delivered, and it's likely to get worse before it gets better.
According to Electronista, ship times for Apple's latest object of desire have now extended to three to four weeks in the US, Canada and Australia. Apple had been saying delays would be two to three weeks, but obviously supplies are dwindling.
The iPhone 5 sold out almost immediately for online pre-orders on Friday. That amounted to 2 million sales in 24 hours. Carriers are also quoting long delays. That means your best bet is to get in line at an Apple store or other retailer like Best Buy on Friday.
Historically, Apple outlets get new shipments every day, so it's a matter of showing up and keeping your fingers crossed.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)