iPhone 5 ship dates slip to 3-4 weeks
The iPhone 5 is getting very scarce before a single phone has been delivered, and it's likely to get worse before it gets better.
According to Electronista, ship times for Apple's latest object of desire have now extended to three to four weeks in the US, Canada and Australia. Apple had been saying delays would be two to three weeks, but obviously supplies are dwindling.
The iPhone 5 sold out almost immediately for online pre-orders on Friday. That amounted to 2 million sales in 24 hours. Carriers are also quoting long delays. That means your best bet is to get in line at an Apple store or other retailer like Best Buy on Friday.
Historically, Apple outlets get new shipments every day, so it's a matter of showing up and keeping your fingers crossed.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync