iPhone 5 ship dates slip to 3-4 weeks
The iPhone 5 is getting very scarce before a single phone has been delivered, and it's likely to get worse before it gets better.
According to Electronista, ship times for Apple's latest object of desire have now extended to three to four weeks in the US, Canada and Australia. Apple had been saying delays would be two to three weeks, but obviously supplies are dwindling.
The iPhone 5 sold out almost immediately for online pre-orders on Friday. That amounted to 2 million sales in 24 hours. Carriers are also quoting long delays. That means your best bet is to get in line at an Apple store or other retailer like Best Buy on Friday.
Historically, Apple outlets get new shipments every day, so it's a matter of showing up and keeping your fingers crossed.
Waiting is the hardest part.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7