iPhone 5 ship dates slip to 3-4 weeks
The iPhone 5 is getting very scarce before a single phone has been delivered, and it's likely to get worse before it gets better.
According to Electronista, ship times for Apple's latest object of desire have now extended to three to four weeks in the US, Canada and Australia. Apple had been saying delays would be two to three weeks, but obviously supplies are dwindling.
The iPhone 5 sold out almost immediately for online pre-orders on Friday. That amounted to 2 million sales in 24 hours. Carriers are also quoting long delays. That means your best bet is to get in line at an Apple store or other retailer like Best Buy on Friday.
Historically, Apple outlets get new shipments every day, so it's a matter of showing up and keeping your fingers crossed.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows